Envision IT Custom 404 for SharePoint
The Envision IT Custom 404 feature allows you to easily redirect old or incorrect URL's on your SharePoint site to a variety of target pages. It can also be used to create shortened URLs for print or marketing purposes. Ensure your site visitors continue to find what they’re looking for when:
- You want to use a friendly or shortened URL such as www.envisionit.com/c404. See www.envisionit.com/shortenedurl for more details
- Your newly re-launched public SharePoint website has inbound links from other sites pointing to now invalid URL's on the old site
- Bookmarked pages have changed
- Site visitors mistype your URL in their browser
- An author has left a broken link on a page
Abandoned searches translate directly to lost potential and revenue. The last thing you want someone experiencing on your new SharePoint site is getting a 404 error page when they visit.
The Envision IT Custom 404 for SharePoint is $500 per production SharePoint farm.
The Envision IT Custom 404 for SharePoint will eliminate 404 errors and provide a richer user experience. It can also be used to create shortened URLs for marketing purposes.
Setting up the feature is quite simple. The basic steps are:
- Add the solution to your farm
- Install the license file
- Activate the list template feature on your site
- Create a Custom404 list in the root of your site with each of the rules you want followed
- Create and publish any content pages you want as targets for your rules
You can see the rules defined on our site with the test page.
Try a few of these URLs to see how it works.
The accompanying pages will help to explain each situation.