Envision IT Extranet User Manager
Single Sign-On and Account Management for Extranets
An Extranet is a web site that is accessible to users outside of the corporate network, which allows organizations to share information and collaborate with their customers, partners, and/or vendors in a secure and easy-to-use environment. The Extranet may be added as a module into the Intranet site to only allow external users into specific sub-sites of the Intranet.
What's New in Version 3
Federation and ezRealm brings Single Sign-On (SSO) and a Seamless Login Experience for all Users
Envision IT is excited to announce the integration of Thinktecture Identity Server and ezRealm Home Realm Discovery for Extranet User Manager. This solution allows a broad set of users to login to your SharePoint Extranet site and other claims-aware applicaitons with an enhanced and smooth login experience. Users login with their email address, and internal windows authenticated users are automatically logged in.
- Single Sign-On to claims-aware applications
Simplifies the creation and management of Extranet user accounts
All users login using their email address as their username
Authenticated users are logged in seamlessly without having to enter their credentials again
- Built using the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5
Why Use Extranet User Manager for SharePoint
Envision IT has developed the Extranet User Manager for SharePoint as an addition to the standard capabilities included in SharePoint. This add-on extends the SharePoint functionality by providing customers with all the necessary tools to create accounts for users outside of their domain and then allow those users to view or use specified resources inside of SharePoint. Customers can collaborate with external vendors, partners, suppliers and others in a secure environment with individual permission levels. The Extranet solution may also be used to provide access to employees who do not have active directory accounts or who are connecting from outside of the network.
The Extranet User Manager for SharePoint provides password management and lost password retrieval, a landing page for directing external users into the sites that they have access to, display and management of site access for users, and web-based account creation and management. In addition to the features listed above, the solution can also be branded to meet the branding guidelines of the organization.
The new and customized EUM login page for United Way Calgary and Area
Click the links below to read about some of the clients that have benefited from Envision IT's Extranet User Manager for SharePoint:
For previous Extranet User Manager releases, click Previous Product Releases to go to our Extranet User Manager Version 2.6 page.
Some of the limitations of out-of-the-box SharePoint Extranets are:
Extranet users should not be part of the main domain for security reasons
Setting up new users should be something a non-IT staff member can do without requiring access to Active Directory
Users in SharePoint do not have the ability to manage their password
Extranet users are often infrequent users who need to retrieve lost usernames or passwords
Navigating a SharePoint portal structure can be difficult for an infrequent Extranet user
There is no provision in SharePoint to determine the sites that a user or group has access to, other than visiting each site to determine all of the users and groups for that site; this makes it difficult to determine an individual user’s level of portal access
The Envision IT Extranet User Manager for SharePoint addresses these limitations with the following features:
|Feature Description||Version 3.0 Enterprise||Version 3.0 Standard||Version 2.6|
|Single Sign-On (SSO) to unlimited claims-aware applications||P|||||
|Single Sign-On (SSO) to one claims-aware applications||P||
|Can be hosted on a non-SharePoint server ||P||P|||
|Requires no additional firewall ports to be opened||P||P|
|Configuration of ezRealm HRD through Landing Admin||P||P|||
|Self-service and business user web interfaces for setup of Extranet users; setting up new users can be done by non-IT staff without requiring access to Active Directory||P||P||P|
|Fully Packaged Installer||P||P||P|
|Active Directory or SQL Server authentication||P||P||P|
|All users login using their email address as their username||P||P||P|
|Authenticated users are logged in seamlessly without having to enter their credentials more than once||P||P||P|
|User and Group Management||P||P||P|
|Password change and self-serve retrieval of lost usernames and password||P||P||P|
|Customizable welcome email with account validation and secure password setup||P||P||P|
|Configurable registration approval workflow||P||P||P|
|Display of all sites that a user or group has access to||P||P||P|
|Bulk Import of Users||P||P||P|
|A Landing page provides extranet users with a list of sites they can access, making it easy to navigate||P||P||P|
|Landing Admin includes a Help Menu with pdf guides and links to online resources and license information||P||P||P|
Extranet User Manager Standard Edition $8,000 USD
- Supports the following SharePoint versions: 2010, 2013
- Unlimited number of extranet users and administrators.
- Unlimited number of web front ends
- Deployment install and user guides provided
- One license per production SharePoint Farm
- One CLAIMS aware application – included.
- Four hours of Premium Software Support
- Must be accompanied with the software assurance agreement for the 1st year.
Extranet User Manager Enterprise Edition $13,000 USD
- All Standard Edition features plus
- Unlimited SSO authentication to claims aware applications.
- Eight hours of Premium Software Support
Software Assurance 20% of the value of the Extranet User Manager license
- Install EUM into any development, staging, or other testing environments.
- Access to software enhancements and fixes.
- Access to all new software releases.
EUM installation & configuration (Trial Versions)
- 30 day evaluation period.
Premium $500 USD
- 45 day EUM evaluation period.
- Installation and configuration of EUM into one development environment.
- 4 hours technical installation & configuration support.
- Telephone, web, email and GoTo Meeting support available.
- Standard Monday – Friday, 9-5pm EST availability.
- Fee waived with EUM and Software Assurance purchase within 45 days of installation.
Premium Software Support $1,665 USD $2,498 USD $3,330 USD
(Bulk purchase upfront)
Packages: 10hrs, 15hrs, 20hrs. Discount @ 10%. Annual only.
- Initial response goals One business day
- Method of contact email, telephone, web, GoTo Meeting
- Support hours Monday-Friday, 9-5 EST
- Total Incident hours included 10, 15, 20 hours
- Must be used within one year from contract date.
- Save 10% over time/materials contract.
- Can be used towards customizations & branding
*There may be additional services and associated costs required to install and configure this solution.
For previous Extranet User Manager releases, please go to our Extranet User Manager Version 2.6 page.