Peter Carson, President of Envision IT, will speak at the next meeting of the Mississauga SharePoint User Group (MSPUG) on June 22, 2010. The topic of this month's meeting is Business Process, Workflows and Forms in SharePoint 2010. Peter's presentation will focus on the following:
- Forms Services:
- Create rich forms to quickly and cost-effectively gather information.
- Create form-based SharePoint applications with Office InfoPath and take advantage of all the server improvements to create rich web browser forms that can be more easily managed on the server.
- Custom Web Parts:
- Using Visual Studio 2010, highly integrated forms can be created and easily deployed to SharePoint 2010.
- See examples of forms interacting with payments systems for e-Commerce, and Microsoft CRM.
- Empower users with out-of-the-box workflows for common tasks such as approvals and reviews.
- In addition, allow users to create custom workflows in SharePoint Designer or in Visio’s Workflow Designer and manage these business process diagrams in a central Process Diagram Repository.
Envision IT is involved in the Rapid Deployment Program (RDP) for SharePoint 2010, and is currently developing three client solutions on SharePoint 2010 as part of this program, as well as other public-facing 2010 sites. Attendees will see first hand examples and demonstrations of SharePoint 2010 sites.
MSPUG is a community group of SharePoint developers, administrators, infrastructure specialists and end users who get together to promote information sharing among members. New members are always welcome to join or attend monthly meetings.