Social Computing in SharePoint 2010
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Microsoft SharePoint 2010 enables organizations to connect and empower people through an integrated set of rich features. SharePoint 2010 facilitates business collaboration in its broadest sense and helps colleagues, partners, and customers to work together in new and effective ways.
In this seminar, Envision IT and Microsoft will demonstrate some of the new capabilities in SharePoint 2010 that form the foundation for vibrant business communities:
- My Sites
- Allows users to quickly build personal sites that act as their public profile and access point to disparate, frequently used systems and tools
- Wikis and Enterprise Wikis
- Help consolidate company-wide information into a centralized, easy-to-manage repository
- People Profiles
- Pages containing rich information about employees, with People Search sorting by social distance and filtered by job title or department
- Photos and Presence
- Everywhere you see a person's name, you also see a photo and presence status, helping to personalize business communities
- Tag Profiles and Tag Clouds
- Communities of interest around a specific keyword or topic, with web parts for easy navigation
- Status Updates
- A great, informal way to let people know where you are or what you're doing
- Ask Me About
- People can select their areas of expertise and invite colleagues to share in their knowledge
- My Network
- A real-time feed of updates from the people you follow and the interests and activities you track
- Enhanced blog functionality with a new user interface and rich text editor
- Note Board
- A great way to post comments or questions
For those of you not familiar with SharePoint, and looking for an overview of SharePoint as a whole, both from the perspective of 2007 and 2010, and Foundations (Windows SharePoint Services) and SharePoint Server (MOSS), we will also be having an overview session from 8:30am - 9:15am, prior to the main session.
Envision IT is a leader in SharePoint solutions, and an evangelist when it comes to working with ground-breaking technologies. We develop customer solutions using Microsoft SharePoint for building:
- Intranets as communication portals for employees
- Collaboration platforms for employees to create, store and share information
- Public facing internet sites that can be authored by non-technical staff
- Extranet sites that provide a place to securely share information with your partners, suppliers and customers
Find out how many Canadian businesses are already succeeding in implementing these solutions in a cost-effective manner.
Whether your organization is thinking about implementing a SharePoint solution, planning an upgrade, or you just want to learn how the new platform can benefit you, this session is one that you do not want to miss.
Thursday January 28, 2010
Registration and Breakfast:
8:00 am - 9:30am
Optional SharePoint Overview:
8:30 am - 9:15am
Social Computing in 2010:
9:30 am - 11:30 am
1950 Meadowvale Blvd.
Mississauga, ON L5N 8L9
No charge - registration is required due to limited capacity