Microsoft Canada Mississauga
September 19, 2013 9:00 AM
Don't miss this TSPUG meeting or
Seminar where Peter Carson will be speaking on Web Content Management as well as Search with a demo of the Envision Shakespeare Company (ESC) web site, which illustrates the new features and capabilities of SharePoint 2013 in the form of a fictitious theatre site. Peter will go through the following key features on the ESC website, demonstrating each component.
- Adaptive design for PC, tablet, and mobile
- Populated content including the complete works of Shakespeare
- Extensive use of catalogs and content search web parts
- SharePoint search with refiners and preview
- Image renditions, rotators, and galleries
- Video support
- PowerShell build of full site
- Site columns, content types, and branding with adaptive design packaged in Visual Studio
- Metadata navigation, friendly URLs, and import/export of the term store
This web site is a great tool for illustrating the new aspects of SharePoint 2013 to clients interested in the product, and will be a long-lasting resource for Envision IT. The site is comparable to a real project site and clients will be able to see our process for developing requirements, wireframes, design mock-ups, building, testing, and deployment. For more details, please see the
SharePoint 2013 Reference Web Site news release.
Microsoft Canada Headquarters
1950 Meadowvale Blvd.
MPR Room (Event Entrance)
Mississauga, ON L5N 8L9
8:30 am - 9:00 am - Registration and Breakfast
9:00 am - 11:30 am - Feature Presentation
11:30 am - Questions and Closing