SharePoint Fest 2017 in Denver
Peter Carson Speaking at SharePoint Fest Denver
May 31 - June 1, 2017
At SharePoint Fest Denver, participants attend technical classes and workshops – taught by Microsoft Certified Trainers, Microsoft engineers and Microsoft MVPs – covering Enterprise Content Management, Power Users, Social SharePoint, Business Value, Implementation/Administration, Office 365, Workflow, Business Intelligence, Special Topics & SharePoint Development. Attendees can select tracks based on their roles and what content best meets their current needs.
Peter Carson, President of Envision IT will be delivering two sessions. His first session is on Extranets in SharePoint On Premises and Office 365. Learn more about this session at the Extranet User Manager site. The second session is on Running Effective Projects in Office 365.
Envision IT and Extranet User Manager are sponsors at this event, so stop by our booth and meet us in person.
Session Overview - Running Effective Projects in Office 365
Many organizations create project site templates to manage their projects in SharePoint, either online or on premises. However, SharePoint is only part of the equation when it comes to collaborating effectively on projects. The new consolidation of Office 365 Groups, SharePoint Team Sites, Planner, and Yammer brings both choice and flexibility, which can present their own challenges.
This session will cover the following:
- Conversational confusion. What is appropriate for different scenarios – Outlook conversations, Yammer threads, Teams persistent chats, or some combination?
- Review of a project site template we've created in Office 365 using SharePoint Online, Office 365 Groups, Planner, and Teams
- Sharing your project site externally – SharePoint external sharing or Azure B2B?
- Customizing the UI to bring in project information from other systems
- Build a site creation workflow process to automate the creation of sites and groups in Office 365, external B2B groups, and configure all the permissions
- Inviting external users into the project site with Extranet User Manager
- How to maintain private internal content and project content shared with the external group
- Single sign-on to other project tools outside of Office 365
- Leverage Office 365 Groups, Team Sites, Planner, and Teams all together
- Provide effective governance around creating and using project sites
- Include people from outside your organization in your collaborative project sites
About the Presenter
Peter Carson, President of Envision IT and a Microsoft SharePoint MVP, is a recognized expert in Office 365 and SharePoint strategies. View his bio here. Learn more and follow Peter's blog at blog.petercarson.ca.