Envision IT Launches New SharePoint 2013 Reference Web Site
MISSISSAUGA, Canada – May 6, 2013 – Envision IT is excited to announce the launch of a new SharePoint 2013 web site that will be used as a reference and demo site.
Modeled as a fictitious theatre company web site called the "Envision Shakespeare Company", the site will demonstrate the new features and capabilities of SharePoint 2013. Key features include:
- Adaptive design for PC, tablet, and mobile
- Populated content including the complete works of Shakespeare
- Extensive use of catalogs and content search web parts
- SharePoint search with refiners and preview
- Image renditions, rotators, and galleries
- Video support
- PowerShell build of full site
- Site columns, content types, and branding with adaptive design packaged in Visual Studio
- Metadata navigation, friendly URLs, and import/export of the term store
A full package of all the components required to build the site is available for download at Envision Shakespeare Company Reference Project (74 Mb). The workshop presentation Building a Public Web Site and Extranet on SharePoint 2013 goes through the full site build.
A live demo version of the site is available at https://shakespearedev.envisionit.com. Details on the build of the site and downloads of the site components are available on Peter Carson's blog at http://blog.petercarson.ca/Pages/SharePoint-2013-Web-Content-Management-Series-Introduction.aspx.
The site will be demonstrated for the first time at the Web Content Management Seminar on May 9th at Microsoft's headquarters in Mississauga. This web site will be a great tool for illustrating the new aspects of SharePoint 2013 to clients interested in the product, and will be a long-lasting resource for Envision IT.
The site will be comparable to a real project site and clients will be able to see our process for developing requirements, wireframes, design mock-ups, building, testing, and deployment.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (905) 812-3009