Envision IT is pleased to announce that our President,
Peter Carson, has been invited to speak at the upcoming
SharePoint Fest in Washington D.C. from August 5-7, 2013. SharePoint Fest conferences are renowned for their workshops and sessions created for SharePoint administrators, software developers, information architects, business analysts and power users so that you can truly leverage SharePoint in your current environment. At SharePoint Fest D.C., attendees will be able to attend technical classes and seminars – taught by Microsoft Certified Trainers, Microsoft engineers and Microsoft MVPs – covering Enterprise Content Management, Social SharePoint, Business Value, Infrastructure/Administration, Composites (Workflow), Search, Business Intelligence, & Development. Choose one complete learning track or mix & match based on what content best meets you and your organization’s current needs!
Peter will be delivering two presentations, one on August 7 and the second on August 8.
Search in SharePoint 2013
August 7, 2013 - 3:00 PM Breakout 7
Microsoft continues to make massive investments in Search in SharePoint. Following the FAST acquisition in 2008, portions of the FAST search technology made its way into SharePoint Search, but FAST remained a separate product. For SharePoint 2013, there is only SharePoint Search, combining the power of FAST and the new 2013 features.
We will compare and contrast Search in SharePoint 2013 with both SharePoint 2010 and FAST Search for SharePoint. Key topics are:
- Architecture and scalability
- 2013 Search user experience
- Live Office Preview using with integration of Office Web Applications
- Customization of the search presentation, using HTML display templates rather than XSLT
- Concept of Search Verticals
- Managed Metadata driven refinement
- The new Content Search web part - killer replacement for the Content Query web part
- Topic pages - leveraging managed Metadata Navigation, Content By Search web part and Improved Keyword Query Language
- Cross-site publishing to share content between sites or even farms
- SEO enhancements - end user and search engine friendly URLs, on page SEO properties, auto-generated XML site map
- Usage Analytics - feeding right back into Search, usage based ranking, no. of views information in search results
- Top Viewed Pages - pre-configured Content Search web part
Web Content Management in SharePoint 2013
August 8, 2013 - 11:20 AM Breakout 1
In this session we explore what's new for SharePoint 2013 as it applies to Web Content Management. We will also share the details and experiences of several SharePoint 2013 public web site case studies.
The topics we will cover are:
- Design Manager - Build and manage your branding with any web design tool
- Channels - Tailor your content to the device or browser
- Managed Navigation
- Customizing search with HTML display templates
- The new Content Search Web Part
- Image Renditions - Manage your web-friendly images through the browser
- Video Renditions – Support multiple video formats and thumbnails in the new Video document set
- Cross-Site Publishing - Share your content between Intranet and public web site
- SEO and Analytics Enhancements
- Improved content author user experience
The case studies we will go over are all running on SharePoint 2013 as either live sites or POCs.
Learn more about SharePoint Fest D.C. 2013.