Saturday, September 19, 2015
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM EST
Microsoft Canada, 1950 Meadowvale Boulevard, Mississauga
Envision IT is excited to announce that it will be sponsoring SharePoint Saturday in Toronto on September 19.
Peter Carson, President of Envision IT, will be delivering the session
Running Effective Projects in Office 365 at the event. For full details on the event, go to the event site at
SharePoint Saturday is an educational, informative, and lively day filled with sessions from respected SharePoint professionals and MVPs, covering a wide variety of SharePoint-orientated topics. SharePoint Saturday is free, open to the public, and is your local chance to immerse yourself in SharePoint! Breakfast, lunch, and a snack will be provided courtesy of our generous sponsors. They will also be raffling off lots of exciting gifts.
Running Effective Projects in Office 365
Many organizations create project site templates to manage their projects in SharePoint, either online or on premises. However SharePoint is only part of the equation when it comes to collaborating effectively on projects. Office 365 Groups attempt to go further with that, but ends up scaling back on what you can do in SharePoint. We've blended the best of both together.
This session will cover the following:
- Review of a Projects site template we've created in Office 365 using SharePoint Online and Office 365 Groups
- How we extend the Office 365 Groups UI, and also include it in the SharePoint sites
- Build a site creation workflow process to automate the creation of sites and groups in Office 365, project groups in Extranet User Manager, and configure all the permissions
- Using Nintex Forms and Workflows to drive this process
- Inviting external users into the project site with Extranet User Manager
- How to maintain private internal content and project content shared with the external group
- Single sign-on to other project tools outside of Office 365
About the Presenter
President of Envision IT and SharePoint MVP,
Peter Carson, is a recognized expert in SharePoint and Extranet strategies. See his full bio and keep up with his posts at
Extranet User Manager
Extranet User Manager extends SharePoint to allow business users to create and manage external users, users to self-register, workflows, and an enhanced login experience for SharePoint 2010 and 2013.