Wednesday, July 22, 2015
1:30 PM- 2:30 PM EST
Join Microsoft SharePoint MVP
Peter Carson for the latest session in the Envision IT Office 365 Webinar Series. We'll spend the majority of the session looking at hybrid scenarios combining on premise SharePoint, Office 365, and Azure. From there we'll move into the licensing of these scenarios, both from internal staff and external user perspectives.
Hybrid Office 365, Azure, and SharePoint On-Premises Scenarios
There are three broad ways to deploy and use SharePoint today.
- Office 365 and SharePoint Online
- SharePoint on premises
- SharePoint running in Azure
There are unique advantages to each of these scenarios. Hybrid deployments allow you to leverage all of these advantages together in one solution.
- Address short term data sovereignty concerns until the Microsoft cloud comes to Canada (see
Microsoft Cloud Takes Root in Canadian Soil)
- Leverage the richness of Office 365 for company Intranets, Extranets, and collaboration sites. This includes not only SharePoint Online, but OneDrive, Yammer, Delve, Office 365 Video, and the many other features of Office 365
- Use Azure for your SharePoint public web site rather than building and supporting a DMZ infrastructure in your data centre
- Continue to leverage legacy custom solutions and integration to other on premise systems while migrating to the cloud
- Save money and data centre resources by using Azure for dev and test
Hybrid SharePoint Licensing
Microsoft licensing is not often referred to as simple. It was complex enough with just on premises SharePoint. Mix in the cloud and the complexity just increases. We'll take you through some of the common scenarios and questions.
- On premise licensing of SharePoint, SQL, and Windows Server
- How Azure can provide some of this licensing
- Office 365 and SharePoint Online plans
Want more Office 365?
Review sessions you may have missed: