Mississauga, May 6, 2013 – Envision IT is excited to announce the launch of a new SharePoint 2013 website that will be used as a reference and demo site.
Modeled as a fictitious theatre company web site called the "Envision Shakespeare Company", the site will demonstrate the new features and capabilities of SharePoint 2013. Key features include:
- Adaptive design for PC, tablet, and mobile
- Populated content including the complete works of Shakespeare
- Extensive use of catalogs and content search web parts
- SharePoint search with refiners and preview
- Image renditions, rotators, and galleries
- Video support
- PowerShell build of full site
- Site columns, content types, and branding with adaptive design packaged in Visual Studio
- Metadata navigation, friendly URLs, and import/export of the term store
A full package of all the components required to build the site is available for download at Envision Shakespeare Company Reference Project (60 Mb). The workshop presentation Building a Public Web Site and Extranet on SharePoint 2013 goes through the full site build.
A live version of the site is available at https://shakespeare.envisionit.com/. Details on the build of the site and downloads of the site components are available on Peter Carson's blog.
The site will be demonstrated for the first time at the Web Content Management Seminar on May 9th at Microsoft's headquarters in Mississauga. This web site will be a great tool for illustrating the new aspects of SharePoint 2013 to clients interested in the product, and will be a long-lasting resource for Envision IT.
The site will be comparable to a real project site and clients will be able to see our process for developing requirements, wireframes, design mock-ups, building, testing, and deployment.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (905) 812-3009.