Business Intelligence and Business Connectivity Services in SharePoint 2010
Friday, March 26, 2010
Organizations are always looking for solutions to improve business performance. Microsoft SharePoint 2010 can help you design, build and deploy robust Business Intelligence applications that will drive better decision making across the organization. By including Microsoft Business Connectivity Services, external data and disparate systems are tied in and brought to the users' fingertips.
In this seminar, Envision IT and Microsoft will demonstrate some of the new capabilities of SharePoint 2010 by taking you through the anatomy of a Business Intelligence Project. We will establish the pain points and business case for creating a solution, discuss creating the Data Cube, outline the QA and Data Validation Process, and finally expose the Scorecard/KPI presentation layer for consumers of the information. BI Projects with SharePoint 2010 offer the following key advantages:
- Empower Decision Makers
- Empower users to collaborate better and make more agile business decisions by accessing the information they need, when they need it
- Improve Organizational Effectiveness
- Manage, drive, and define organizational success by aligning to key metrics and strategy through context-driven dashboards
- Enable accountability and transparency across the company and remove barriers to productivity
- Enable IT Efficiency
- Use a complete, integrated business collaboration platform that can empower users to discover, analyze, and share the right information across unstructured and structured assets
- Connect Disparate Systems
- Allow interaction with external data sources in SharePoint lists, Web Parts, Microsoft Office and Microsoft SharePoint Workspace 2010
- By using Microsoft Business Connectivity Services, you can design and build solutions that extend SharePoint collaboration capabilities and the user experience
For those of you not familiar with SharePoint, we will be providing a brief overview and demonstration from 8:30am - 9:15am, prior to the main session.
Whether your organization is thinking about implementing a SharePoint solution, planning an upgrade, or you just want to learn how the new platform can benefit you, don't miss this session.
Friday, March 26, 2010
Registration and Breakfast:
Optional SharePoint Overview:
BI and BCS in 2010:
8:00 am - 9:30 am
8:30 am - 9:15 am
9:30 am - 11:30 am
1950 Meadowvale Blvd.
Mississauga, ON L5N 8L9
No charge - registration is required due to limited capacity